Author Topic: transfering IS to 64 bit PC?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Myles45

transfering IS to 64 bit PC?
« on: October 08, 2016, 02:52:30 AM »
Hi, I'm in the process of upgrading to a newer PC & wonder if it's possible to transfer my current version of IS to the new 64bit PC or will I need to get a different version of Avast as the old PC was 32bit. I will also shortly be getting an additional 64 bit PC & would like that to be covered too but am not sure if my current licence covers 2 PC's & can't seem to find any info that says what it covers.

If I do have to upgrade my version I'd like a bit of advice as to which version would best suit my situation. I had wondered if there would be any advantage to having the cloud business versions or not. I run a business from home & one PC will be used for accounts & admin + emails, general home use, internet etc & the other will be purely business design & production, only connecting to internet occasionally for software updates etc.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: transfering IS to 64 bit PC?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:50:40 AM »
If your license covers multiple systems, you can use it for the new system without a problem.
On the new system
- Remove any (pre)installed av
- Install the avast version where you have the license for (if it covers multiple pc's)

Check the order confirmation email to see for how many systems your covers.

The business (cloud) solution is meant for companies with multiple systems (e.g. 10+), so the admin can monitor/control them remotely.
For your situation a home version will do.

Offline Myles45

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 12:06:20 PM »
Thanks Eddy,  Is there any other way I can tell what my licence covers other than the original confirmation email. I have looked everywhere in UI settings & in my online account settings & nowhere does it give any info about the licence other than the date of expiry. In fact under the licences section online it actually says I don't have any licences yet??   Will 64bit not be an issue? I have read somewhere recently that it is best to get a 64bit version, is there an option for that?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »
avast installer work on 32bit / 64bit 

Offline Myles45

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »
avast installer work on 32bit / 64bit
  Thanks Pondus, What I'm trying to establish is if there is a different version that is designed to run on a 64bit system?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 12:43:03 PM »
What I'm trying to establish is if there is a different version that is designed to run on a 64bit system?
No, same version.

Offline Myles45

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »
Perfect thanks. Any idea where I can find if my licence covers multiple PC's in the absence of the original email?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
Perfect thanks. Any idea where I can find if my licence covers multiple PC's in the absence of the original email?
Contact avast  >  https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new

Installer and info > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189836.0