Author Topic: The avast! antivirus AND new ATI Driver  (Read 5695 times)

sony_ung

The avast! antivirus AND new ATI Driver
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:26:18 PM »
Now I'm use avast! antivirus laters version
BUT when I install the new ATI Driver, my system sometime will NON-RESPONDING on SHUT DOWN SYSTEM, and also will cut down my system performance. When I uninstall the avast! antivirus, my system get normal.

PLEASE FIX This BUG!!! :o :o :o

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: The avast! antivirus AND new ATI Driver
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »
Have you not thought that the only constant in this is avast which was working fine before you installed this driver.

So is it not possible that the BUG!!! lies with ATI ?
What indication have you that this is a problem with avast ?
Removing one part of any possible conflict will obviously resolve the conflict, but it doesn't identify where the problem lies. Any detailed information is more likely to be able to "correctly" identify the problem and where the fault lies.

What were the new features that were different to you previous driver, what changed, what was it that necessitated the change in driver ?

Have you checked out the ATI website, FAQs or forum (if they have one)?
If this is a bug in either ATI or avast then it is likely to be widespread as ATI video cards are popular and probably in use with  other forum members.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:38:07 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sony_ung

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:40:26 PM »
But I try many antivirus is normal except avast! :-\

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 03:48:13 PM »
Well, it doesn't necessarily say where the problem is.
Anyway, you didn't supply much information... what operating system do you use? What version of the driver is that? Did the same occur with older version of ATI drivers, or you didn't have avast! installed then?

sony_ung

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 03:57:04 PM »
sorry about i forgot supply my system information.
I'm using Windows XP Home Edition SP2, 512MB RAM, Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1se, GeCUBE ATI 9550 with 128MB and now I'm use ATI Catalyst® for Windows® XP Version 6.2 with Catalyst® Control Center, and get same problem on driver after version 5.12 with avast! antivirus

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 04:37:40 PM »

Hello sony_ung,

Do you have at least Microsoft's .NET Framework Version 1.1 installed on your computer? Please read this link and see if it helps ...

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/7060/ati-catalyst-radeon-62-media-center/

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=640

I hope this helps you.    :)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 05:16:59 PM »
I have usualy found that temporarily disabling the AV whilst installing video drivers works.  As a suggestion uninstall the driver - reboot - stop Avast (using stop on access protection) install the driver then restart Avast

EDIT I use Nvidia and have experienced a similar problem before, following the steps above cured it, nb Nvidia now reccomends disabling AV and removing old driver before installation
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 05:18:43 PM by essexboy »

sony_ung

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 03:04:10 AM »
Thank You for CharleyO but my computer already with the Microsoft's .NET Framework Version 1.1  also the new version 2.0.

And the idea from essexboy I will try it. Thank You ;D

CharleyO

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 07:35:13 AM »

Thanks for posting, essexboy ...... I had completely forgotten about that even though I had updated my nVidia drivers about a month or so ago.

I do not know with ATI, but, many now recomend un-installing old nVidia video drivers before installing new one in order to avoid conflicts.

sony_ung

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 03:08:56 AM »
I already try the idea from essexboy but also same problem, now only can wait the ATI Driver update(I already send the problem to ATI) or avast! antivirus new update and try again... ... ...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 03:21:28 AM by sony_ung »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 02:58:38 PM »
Possible thought, maybe ATI messed with one of the dll's used by avast.  So could you try a repair of avast ?  or a total uninstal followed by a re-install.  Clutching at straws here