Author Topic: Avast firewall messes up casting and Logitech Squeezebox  (Read 2385 times)

REDACTED

Avast firewall messes up casting and Logitech Squeezebox
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »
Hi there

I have been having some problems after one of the recent updates to Avast. The problems began within the last 2-3 weeks.
First I cannot cast content from my PC to my television and before this worked without a hitch. If I disable the firewall it works fine.
And the same goes for my good old Logitech Squeezebox the Squeezebox Classic cannot connect to Logitech Media server that is installed on the same pc that has the casting issues.
Disabling the firewall also helps here and as soon as the firewall is activated again the music stops.
What can I do? I have tried opening pretty much everything in relation to the Logitech Mediaserver but it doesn't help. And with the casting I simply don't know what to try?
I hope that you guys have some recommendations. I have been happy with Avast for several years but this is driving me crazy...

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Avast firewall messes up casting and Logitech Squeezebox
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »
Hi Martin298, welcome to the forum :)

See if this makes any difference :

Avast - Settings - Components - Firewall - Customise - Policies - and under "Preferences" select "Internet Connection Sharing mode" - OK.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )