Author Topic: Can't delete viruses found on my outlook  (Read 3028 times)

Steph

Can't delete viruses found on my outlook
« on: January 06, 2006, 06:37:15 PM »
We just bought Avast Pro for our office today and did a scan on the PCs. Viruses were found in Outlook but I can't seem to delete them.

The error message says...

"Error occurred during file deleting. The operation is not supported for this type of archive"

What can I do?? Help!

Thank you...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can't delete viruses found on my outlook
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:53:13 PM »
The archive cannot be handled by avast.
You should open MS Outlook and go to that particulary email message and delete them.
Otherwise, all your Oulook folder will be deleted...
The best things in life are free.

greybeard

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 04:25:13 AM »
I am receiving the same error message, but with the home edition which I downloaded yesterday.

My dilemna is that the path name which the program displays is incomplete - I cannot tell what folder the virus appears in, much less which message. Is there a way to lengthen the string that is displayed so I can determine what to manually delete?

This is Outlook 2003 - What is it about the archived PST that the program cannot handle, and thus necessitating the manual delete?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 04:41:33 AM »
Is there a way to lengthen the string that is displayed so I can determine what to manually delete?
Are you talking about the boot time scanning or the virus message (window) that appears?
Isn't the full name at the logs or the report files?

This is Outlook 2003 - What is it about the archived PST that the program cannot handle, and thus necessitating the manual delete?
Well, some infected email could be inside of the boxes. The whole archive pst could be deleted! Caution. Maybe if you can't lose everything you should open outlook and manually remove the infected mail (if you find all of them).

Sorry, I'm not an expert on Outlook...  :-[

greybeard

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 05:32:56 AM »
ok, the log file made it easier for me to locate and delete messages manually. thanks much.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »
ok, the log file made it easier for me to locate and delete messages manually. thanks much.
You're welcome.
Don't forget to run a full avast scanning and, if you can, scan your computer with a-squared or ewido to see what you get.