Author Topic: A file disappears  (Read 3912 times)

REDACTED

Re: A file disappears
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
The virus wasn't a worm I can remember that is it helps?
Also it may have been a glitch and there was no file at all? Or it may have been a TMP file that was being rewritten and I caught it but idk

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 06:28:10 PM »
If you don't know what file is/may be missing, how can you decide?  If your computer is experiencing no bad effects, what are you worrying about?
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 06:52:33 PM »
Hi!

I scanned about a month ago and it came up with a virus. I then selected move to quarantine but it said the file cannot be found on this computer. I assume that is because as the file could not be moved to quarantine it was automatically deleted by avast? Does avast normally delete files it cannot do anything else with?
I have scanned over 50 times since I found this virus with avast and malware bytes and they have all come up clean.
Also I have searched the whole pc for the file and it is not there.
Since I found it my pc has failed because I cold reset it while installing something and I had it fixed (this may be useful, I'm not sure).

Thanks very much! Your all so kind and helpful

Have you seen in the virus trash of Avast? (Right click on the avast icon)
If you put the file in the quarantine will be listed here, if not than is not on your Antivirus and if you found not on the PC is not also on the PC.
Maybe you can check your OS trash.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 07:01:06 PM »
It's not in the virus chest. It's not on pc as I can't find it either. I'm gonna run a boot time scan just to check anyway tomorrow and also what is a OS?

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 07:24:19 PM »
It's not in the virus chest. It's not on pc as I can't find it either. I'm gonna run a boot time scan just to check anyway tomorrow and also what is a OS?
Operative System