Author Topic: Excluding process  (Read 3357 times)

polobuy

Excluding process
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:15:59 AM »
HI,

I use Avast4Home since a few days, and I've a trouble with a dongle emu on boot. Avast block the process during the boot and Windows give an "SRV #001error". I've located the process causing trouble and want to exclude it. So I use custom the shield and show the path to the file to Avast. Cannot put the slider on custom mode (but read in forum that it's not important, exclusion stay on), when I restart my computer, process still blocked and froze my taskbar and same eror message like avast don't exclude the process.

So what's the way to exclude a process ?

Thanks for your help  ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Excluding process
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 11:46:18 AM »
avast! doesn't "block processes" - unless they are found infected, and you'd see the "Virus Found!" dialog in that case. Do you see such a dialog? If not, I'd say the problem doesn't actually have anything to do with avast!.
What if you stop the Standard Shield provider, for example - does it help?

polobuy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 04:24:29 PM »
It's not a virus process, but a conflict beetwen avast and emu process who froze taskbar in windows. When I rename the file of this emu, no conflict, but no emu !
I've read that many user encounter the same problem, and resolve by exclude the file of antivirus, so I suppose that Avast able to do it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 04:35:43 PM »
avast can exclude a file from being scanned if you are saying this process/file is a known issue, perhaps you could mention the issue and the file name and path here so that we too will know about it.

I honestly can't see how renaming the file would have avast treat it any differently or why it would work; other than by renaming it, the action to launch the original file name would fail (because it no longer exists) and as such wouldn't be scanned by avast.

As far as I'm aware there isn't any different action based on a file name.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

polobuy

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 05:16:22 PM »
I'm agree with you but beetwen theory and practic...
I spent all the night on this trouble, my result :

The trouble process is located in a folder (program files\blabla) and in System32\drivers\blabla.sys
#1 :My fisrt idea was, show the path to Avast to "prg files" and "sys32" process : error
#2 : trying to rename just the "prg files" folder =>reboot : success (no error) but no emu process
#3 : trying to stop all resident protect shield (Standard, Web,...), "prg files" folder rename in original name => reboot : error
#4 : trying to rename Avast folder (so avast don't lauch on boot) => reboot : success. Clearly Avast and Emu process are linked in this trouble.
#5 : Rename "prg files" folder, activate all the protect shield, create a shortcut on desktop to launch the process after the boot seq : success...

...But not the goal, since I've install Avast, I've to start my computer, when boot seq is finish, launch emu process manually...not the easiest way to stay protect.

Thanks Avast  :-\

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »
If you say that:
1. Stopping the resident protection didn't help (did you really stop the providers one by one, confirming to "persist" the changes, so that they're not started during the next boot?)
and
2. Starting the emulator manually does help even with avast! active

then my guess would be that the whole problem may simply be caused by a subtle timing difference (i.e. the auto-start programs are started in slightly different order when Windows boots now, than they were without avast!). Such a behavior might be caused by any other program that is started automatically with windows (doesn't have to be an antivirus at all).

What operating system do you use, btw?

polobuy

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 05:03:42 PM »
Interesting.
Answer is yes for your 2 point.

My OS is XP SP1
The emu was starting automatically with windows until I start it manually