Author Topic: New Avast program version 17.4.2520  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Manley

New Avast program version 17.4.2520
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »
I see this now in Admin Console:    Program version 17.2 (2517) ::: New version is available: 17.4 (2520) from 05/30/2017

Can you please advise what is new in the 17.4.2520 version and if there are any reported problems. I hate to upgrade to new version and have a bunch of issues like last time. Thanks.

REDACTED

Re: New Avast program version 17.4.2520
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 06:51:01 AM »
I hate to upgrade to new version and have a bunch of issues like last time. Thanks.

I have to agree with this.  Having Avast autoupdate before any release notes is poor lifecycle management.  And is why I turn all my program autoupdates off and push out when I am ready.

I'd also like to see the Device is in danger; Avast client software is more than 21 days out of date. message be changed to at least 90 days.  My server was broken by the domain user profile problem and system state backup problem of the last update and had to downgrade, so now it is flagged in danger.  The rest of my desktops will be flagged too because it takes me at least 3 weeks to test and change control my site.  21 days is too short and should be n-2 versions, not age, IMHO.

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 10:02:49 AM »
Hi release notes for AV 17.4

• Updated GUI engine.
  • Fixed several crashes in Web Shield (including corruption of large downloaded files).
  • Fixed crashing during update of virus definitions on 32-bit OS.
  • Viruses detected by File Shield are now correctly moved to quarantine.
  • Firewall profile is correctly recognized also when you connect via different network adapters.
  • Fixed problem with empty windows profile on Windows 10 after avast update.
  • Right-click explorer scan now runs in main window.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

Offline Manley

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
Martin - do you know if the Behavior Shield has been improved so all those false positives are fixed? Basically, ever since the last 17.2 version released, we've been having to fill out the "false positive" report on various files, otherwise Avast quarantines them to the Virus Chest. And the other bad part, the restore feature in Virus Chest is broken. Is that all fixed now?

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 10:21:02 AM »
Manley - performance of Behavior Shield is continuously improving and the number of false positives is decreasing rapidly. Do you still have the Behavior shield active? If so, do you experience still same problem?

Regarding the "restore" action - is that happening for all your devices or just some of them? The affected are Win or Mac? The only bug which was known has been fixed and was related only to Mac devices.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

Offline Manley

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 01:22:55 PM »
Martin - it is happening on Windows 10 and Windows 2012 R2 computers. I worked with Avast tech support through the chat built-in the Admin Console, and he said he would report it as a bug. I also sent pictures to the "false positive" team of the restore failures. The restore will fail in both the Admin Console and directly in the client GUI.