Author Topic: Missing providers?  (Read 3089 times)

Ulti

Missing providers?
« on: December 27, 2003, 04:01:44 PM »
Hello, to begin with I'm really thankful for avast home beeing "free for home usage", that's just fantastic actually..

However, I recently noticed one thing; on the machine I'm currently on I've only got the standard, outlook & internet mail providers, there are no others in the list! There are no updates available (that is, I'm running avast build 4.1.319), so should I not have the P2P & IM-providers as well?  ???
All the standard providers runs fine, without a hitch, but I can simply find no way to start the other providers!

On another machine of mine I'm also running avast, where these other providers could be found without any special configuration..

Both machines are running (swedish) w2k sp4, but I guess that's also where the similarities end..

Anyhow, here's some specs:
Avast! 4.1
-Build 4.1.319
-Xtreme Toolkit v1.9.4.0
-ActiveSkin v4.2.7.3
W2k SP4 (swedish)

I'm also attaching a screenshot of the provider-window..

I haven't tried reinstalling yet, but I figured that maybe this was a "commonly-known-issue", which I've totally missed, and been unable to find..  ;)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Missing providers?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 06:34:02 PM »
You can try to go to Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs, select avast! Antivirus / Change and verify whether the corresponding providers are installed (if not, check their checkboxes to install them).

Ulti

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 08:49:41 PM »
Thanks!
That was indeed very much the problem, *I shouldv'e thought of that...   8)

//Ulti..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 01:31:54 PM »
Ulti, how did you reach this situation? I mean, did you start using avast without these providers (ie, they were not installed anytime) or did you use a old version of avast and new installations does not detect the providers?

Anyway, happy you are here and your providers come back again  ;D
The best things in life are free.