Author Topic: Avast Mail Scanner  (Read 2572 times)

robbyn

Avast Mail Scanner
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:08:34 PM »
I use spampal with avast and thunderbird. In the last day or so I have started to have problems with the avast! mail scanner being open all the time. I am also finding that spampal is spinning continuously. This should not affect Avast because it watches port 25 and does not go through avast. Although I am getting a report from Thunderbird that I have downloaded a number of emails actually they are not reaching thunderbird in so far as  I can not see them there. They are not in the junk or trash.

Any ideas what is going on?

I  have tried running adaware and spybot and both report no problems.

Robin

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Mail Scanner
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 11:59:31 PM »
I'm not that sure that I understand what's going wrong...
Here you have a thread about Spamihilator & avast (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=3413) just for comparison. Anyway, Why SpamPal is looking at the port 25 (smtp, outbound mail)? What do you mean by avast! mail scanner being open all the time, the icon is on the system tray?
The best things in life are free.

robbyn

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 01:10:57 PM »
I have uninstalled Thunderbird and reinstalled it and now things are back to normal.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 02:41:38 PM »
I have uninstalled Thunderbird and reinstalled it and now things are back to normal.
Glad to know... feel free to ask for further help.
Anyway, it would be good if we could understand what happened  ::)
The best things in life are free.

robbyn

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »
When Avast checks incomming mail it shows a box with fanned pages in the start bar. It has a blue centre. The box was not closing and no mail was being received, although Thunderbird was reporting it had downloaded say 35 emails none were to be seen in TB.

Robin