Author Topic: Avast and Jaws for windows  (Read 2946 times)

psadi

Avast and Jaws for windows
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:45:51 PM »
Hi

We are using Avast at work and it work very well. We have a blind person in our staff and we are about to upgrade his computer from windows 98 without antivirus solution to a Windows XP with Avast. My question is does Avast managed client work with JAWS http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/JAWS_HQ.asp or is there any way to configure the client to be able to be used with JAWS?

From what I understand the screen reader program has problem with the pop up windows aka install new program.

Basicly I think it should work if the client didn't say anything to the user about updates or if it finds a virus in mail etc etc but just silent removed the virus.

Comments?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast and Jaws for windows
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 03:21:08 PM »
I don't think this configuration has ever been tested here, so I can't say anything for sure, but:

1. The managed clients are basically identical to avast! Professional - only they can be controled by ADNM. The skin-less Simple User Interface, for example, should work with screen-readers without much troubles.

2. The idea of the managed clients is that the antivirus runs in background, without user intervention. The updates are automatic, automated action for infected files are defined (well, I don't know exactly what the default setting is, but it certainly can be configured) - so the user shouldn't be required to do anything.

psadi

Re: Avast and Jaws for windows
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 06:53:46 PM »
Thanks thats about what I though.