Author Topic: I just can applaud! What about YOUR avast! (success or not!) story?  (Read 4398 times)

JojoFrench

Hello!
Ooops sorry for the title  ::) it's "applaud"... "i just can applaud!"

The only thing i want to say is : Congratulations!  :P ;D :D ;)

The latest avast! home version, has passed successfully ALL the tests in the Kaspersky Lab's Anti Virus Tests.

http://tav.kaspersky.fr/

I'm quite attracted by AntiVir, but I will keep avast!, avast! forever.

Sorry it's in french...
Sorry i am french... So my english grammar could be desastrous !

P/S : I just go to the VirusBulletin Website: ... Not 100% for avast! But what's the matter ? : Powerfull and Sympathic Support Forum, Virus Database updated Daily, Beautiful GUI, what else ?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 09:30:19 AM by JojoFrench »

drhayden1

Re: I just can applause!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 10:37:06 PM »
great to hear that........i've had avast! on my computers for @4 years now......going from home to pro and WON'T have anything else.........using and trying the different ones out there and always returning back home to the best........Avast!.........do you know if that kaspersky result site is available in english? :D :o 8) :)

JojoFrench

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 10:42:39 PM »
No, unfortunately i don't know if this page exists in english!

drhayden1

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 10:46:28 PM »
thanks.....i will do some searching or maybe someone here in avast! world can find it.........is it too long to translate and post back here to share? ;D :D

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 11:07:57 PM »
Just use http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and paste the URL you want to translate into the Translate Web Page window and Select the From and To languages (see image)

The beauty of this is there is no size restriction and any links that are on the page are also translated when you click them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

danilsl

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 12:28:10 AM »
I go to Avast from Kaspersky Antivirus 5. After avast install, my computer begin to work quickly and avast find 2 viruses, which not found from Kaspersky

JojoFrench

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 10:30:46 AM »
Well !
Many antivirus/antispyware company websites provide a "success-story" category... Why don't we rename this post "The avast! user's success stories!"
 :D

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 01:41:53 PM »
Well as the originator of the topic you are the only one who can change the Title, other than a Moderator and somehow I can't see that happening.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cvsa

Re: I just can applaud! What about YOUR avast! success story?
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 03:28:35 PM »
on my pc (win98se), avast! was almost perfect . didn't pass some tests :

- "spécifiques kaspersky lab" all failed
- " encodages email" : eicar.hgx failed

the other tests were fine ;)

suemccartin

Re: I just can applaud! What about YOUR avast! success story?
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 07:09:14 AM »
I've been using avast for awhile, I fix my ex's computer for him and he had norton, he was constantly getting infected with crap that was going right around it.  Avast was the only thing able to clean off his disk drives (I pulled he c: drive from his system and ran avast on it and it found like 30 viruses) this kept happening, I finally helped him buy a router with a hardware firewall and that helped a lot, the Verizon in our area does absolutely nothing to protect their networks it's just popup hell and constant infections just coming in on html.   Fairly good product for being free for home use, much appreciated.