Author Topic: Still auto updating when service is stopped..  (Read 2572 times)

moriez

Still auto updating when service is stopped..
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:31:07 PM »
Hi.

Im a regular gamer and when i go onto the servers i stop avast in the tray(stop sign is now on.) Still it will automatically update the definitions while in-game which causes lag. Why is it updating when i have shut down the service?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Still auto updating when service is stopped..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:22:26 PM »
Check the program and the virus database to update manually (right click the 'a' blue icon > Program Settings > Update (basic) tab).
The best things in life are free.

moriez

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 03:38:15 PM »
I understand. Thats obvious. Imo it should be a future function that when the avast service is stopped the auto update service is stopped too. Dont u think?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:48:01 PM »
As far as I'm aware, when avast is stopped, the services are actually still running, there are issues in stopping the services and then trying to restart it without rebooting and I don't think you would want to reboot after your game.

Whilst it isn't ideal temporarily switching to manual updates as Tech mentioned is probably the easier and safer option.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security