Author Topic: Turbo Basic programs detected as virus  (Read 2302 times)

eduardosd

Turbo Basic programs detected as virus
« on: July 20, 2006, 07:21:41 PM »
Hello, since yesterday I have been having a problem running both programs compiled with Turbo Basic and Turbo Basic itself. When I try to run them, Avast claims they are infected with "Cruach" trojan; I think that's wrong. I tried doing that in two different, unconnected computers, and the result was the same; moreover, it's unlikely that a virus would choose to infect only a program made 19 years ago. ;D
I also checked (in Avast website) that Cruach detection was included in the July 18 updates, i.e. the day before yesterday.

That said, how should I report that "bug"? Should I send any further information, any files?

Thanks!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Turbo Basic programs detected as virus
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:57:39 PM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.
Or VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists (Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions) and check scan it periodically using the ashQuick scan (right click scan), when it is no longer detected then remove it from the exclusions.
Also see this thread to report any problem to avast, (Mini Sticky) False Positives
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security