Author Topic: Pro won't work with Email  (Read 4305 times)

TominFL

Pro won't work with Email
« on: July 18, 2006, 11:34:41 PM »
I just uninstalled the free version then loaded Avast version 4.6 Professional Edition, 2 years paid. I now get this message each time I start windows: "AVG Kernel - Cannot create instance of AVG 7 Kernel, error = 0x8004015"

Then when I open Outlook I get the message that is copied as "AVG_error.jpg" and attached to this email.

It's driving me nuts. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but not good.

Pls help.

I'm running Windows XP Home with SP-2.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Pro won't work with Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 12:32:54 AM »
Firstly the latest version of avast home/pro is 4.7.844 so I don't know where you downloaded your version ?
AVG7 and avast can't run on the same system, even if it is disabled as there are legacy keys and drivers that could be causing this problem.

Secondly the errors relate to AVG, do (did) you have AVG installed and How did you get rid of it. It looks like Outlook is expecting AVG, check the Outlook ad-in/plug-ins for an AVG one and disable/remove it.

Uninstalling and reinstalling avast won't solve anything if AVG or remnants are still present.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

TominFL

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 01:18:41 AM »
I had avast free on PC, uninstalled it using "Add/Remove programs" but it did not all go away.

So, I installed the pro version. Tried it 2x, using "Add/Remove programs".

Here's what the avast download page says about the 4 version: "The latest version of avast! antivirus - 4.6 - contains the following key enhancements and features listed below. "

You wrote, "the latest version of avast home/pro is 4.7.844, " so, where could I have gotten a newer version? :-[

Please tell me HOW to: "check the Outlook ad-in/plug-ins for an AVG one and disable/remove it."

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 02:19:19 AM »
If you had purchased a pro license all you needed to do was enter the pro registration key into the home version and providing you were on-line the program would have upgraded to the pro version.

Having just looked on the avast web site it is still showing 4.6 on the download page for the pro version. Right click the about avast ' a ' icon and select about avast and that should confirm the version you have.

As I said I don't use Outlook, so I can't say, I'm just an avast user like yourself.

You haven't answered the other question about AVG "Secondly the errors relate to AVG, do (did) you have AVG installed and How did you get rid of it." ?
So there are still remnants of AVG 7 on your system.

The failed uninstall may possibly have caused an issue, possibly not, if it did I believe there would possibly have been warnings or errors when trying to install the Pro version. Also if you had AVG installed or not completely uninstalled avast is likely to not have installed fully to avoid conflict. Did you receive any warnings and errors when you installed the Pro version ?

Unfortunately that's me for the night it is 1:20 a.m. here and I up early in the morning.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 03:20:04 AM »
"AVG Kernel - Cannot create instance of AVG 7 Kernel, error = 0x8004015"
Please, remove trash left behind by AVG. In your Windows Registry, there should be keys related to Grisoft and AVG. Please, be carefull managing the Registry (backup first).
Did you find any uninstaller at the AVG forum?
The best things in life are free.

TominFL

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 04:56:21 PM »
I did find the uninstaller file but am afraid to run it because I have both on the HDD. I guess I can just uninstall pro then run the helper clean up file?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 07:23:19 PM »
I did find the uninstaller file but am afraid to run it because I have both on the HDD. I guess I can just uninstall pro then run the helper clean up file?
Do you mean the AVG pro? Or avast pro?
I think AVG (like avast) won't allow you to have AT THE SAME TIME the Pro and the free version. I think the free one will be 'overwritten' by the Pro. Removing the Pro, the free will be removed too... Am I wrong?

TominFL

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 11:31:30 PM »
Holy Smoke! I just realized from some surfing that there's two company's involvled in this mess of mine. There Grisoft's AVG free and it's 4.7 Pro versions. Then there's Awil's Avast! free version and it's 4.7 Pro. Are these the same or what?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 11:52:21 PM »
Holy Smoke! I just realized from some surfing that there's two company's involvled in this mess of mine. There Grisoft's AVG free and it's 4.7 Pro versions. Then there's Awil's Avast! free version and it's 4.7 Pro. Are these the same or what?
Bob answered you here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=22307.msg185125#msg185125
No need to post twice  8)