Author Topic: scanning msn messenger files with avast  (Read 3404 times)

crazypeder

scanning msn messenger files with avast
« on: July 22, 2006, 11:40:57 AM »

Hello all,

first of all i d like to say that i am one big fan of AVAST, as is the one i tryied after many that least compolications it gave me ... the only one that i still don t know (and been searching for it just can t find it) is wich file or whatever should i put in msnmessenger to make the scan to the stuff i receive from there?

thankyou all...and to the team please continue with the excellent work.... me and probably a feew more thousands do apreciate it!!

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: scanning msn messenger files with avast
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:48:50 AM »
Hello and Welcome :)

Well avast! has a special Shield for IM programs, MSN Messenger is supported by the IM Shield, so if you have turned ON your Instant Messaging Provider you don't have to worry, you are protected ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

crazypeder

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:08:48 PM »
thankyou for the reply and the welcoming ,

the only thing is ....when receiveing files pics etc from msn it don t allow me to open them .....because on msn program no scanning antivirus is affiliated to the msn file transfer ....don t know if i am making myself clear as english is my second language .... i mean .....i should go in settings of msn messenger  and pu in the file tranfers options on msn the file or folder from the antivirus i use ....so that when someone sends me a file msn can use  the antivirus,

now when some one sends me a file it give me a message that i could not receive the file cause no antivirus s in that setting.....and don t know wich one to put .....i ve been in the program files /alwil / avast.....but have no clue wich one should i get to put in msn options scanning device!

thankyou for your time ppl ....and srry for beeing an hard one ...as i am very rookie iin front of a pc!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »
msn program no scanning antivirus is affiliated to the msn file transfer
Maybe you can set C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe to scan the transfered files.
The best things in life are free.

crazypeder

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 02:24:08 PM »
many thanks /...gonna do it now !!   ;)

lava1

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:08:02 PM »
Hi !  This might sound stupid what is transfered files. and if you do put that in MSN
C:\Program Files\ Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe  what can it do for MSN.   I thought MSN was protected from virus with people sending emails to u or u sendinding them emails.  Thank you for any help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »
Hi !  This might sound stupid what is transfered files. and if you do put that in MSN
C:\Program Files\ Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe  what can it do for MSN.   I thought MSN was protected from virus with people sending emails to u or u sendinding them emails.  Thank you for any help.
Lava, please, don't duplicate the posts... You'll duplicate our effort to help, please.
Follow here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=22370.msg185538#msg185538
The best things in life are free.