Author Topic: Help anyone!!!  (Read 2734 times)

mikey76

Help anyone!!!
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:55:55 PM »
I recently downloaded the cursor mania from cursormania.com and have installed it.  But however  the avast antivirus always detecting  this spyware : Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw] when I run my avast antivirus with my firefox webpage open as the cursor mania ia an add-on to the webpage. Is the cursor mania exe file tag along with this spyware??? Is this spyware dangerous?? How can i solve it??
Hope that anyone who encountered the same problem can help me. Thks a lot.   :(

Spyros

Re: Help anyone!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 06:30:50 PM »
"cursormania.com" belongs to "smileycentral", they don't have a good reputation. The setup.exe contains a trojan according to Dr.Web online scanner
(>>>CursorManiaSetup2.1.50.3-3.ZCfox000.exe/data001/mwsSetup.CommonCodebase.exe/data005 found virus Trojan.Isbar.438)

Avoid!

SNOWHITE

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »
Hi mikey76 ;)
Is this spyware dangerous?? How can i solve it??

You should do a full system scan with avast, and put the file in the avast chest, it will do no harm from there.It is not good to have spyware in the computer, so in the future be very careful when you are downloading something.If you are still having problems or you need more help, feel free to ask in the forum there are many friendly people here and will help you.By the way what is your OS example W2000, XP, do you have any other programs installed like some firewall,  anti-spyware or anti-malware programs?

Take care

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
Hi mikey76,

Here is the removal information for lsbar:
http://www.spywareremove.com/removeTheLocalSearch.html

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!