Author Topic: Trojan.Nebuler not detected by Avast !!!  (Read 2902 times)

xguy2k

Trojan.Nebuler not detected by Avast !!!
« on: September 11, 2006, 08:40:19 AM »
Hi

My old Norton Av 8 detects a virus as:

Scan type:  Realtime Protection Scan
Event:  Virus Found!
Virus name: Trojan.Nebuler
File:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\winrge32.dll
Computer:  BABUL
User:  SYSTEM
Action taken:  Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Wed Sep 06 11:45:37 2006

BUT same is not detected by Avast !! any help???

Babs

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Trojan.Nebuler not detected by Avast !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »
Having two resident scanners installed on the same system isn't recommended.

If you are running two resident scanners especially NAV then avast is likely to disable elements to avoid a conflict and possible lock-up of your system.

You need to decide which AV to keep as your resident and completely remove the other and NAV can be a pig to remove.

Send a sample of winrge32.dll to avast in a zipped password (virus will do) protected email to virus @ avast.com (without the spaces) giving a brief outline of the problem, 'undetected trojan' or you can add it to the User Files section of the chest and send it from there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

Re: Trojan.Nebuler not detected by Avast !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »
 :)  Hi all :

This "trojan" is primarily SPYWARE & an antiSPYWARE
      program is needed to quarantine it as well as "detect"
      it. Did you do a "Google search" for "Trojan.Nebuler" BEFORE coming here ? I just did & the 5th listing was about research done by Sunbelt Software, the makers of the CounterSpy
antispyware product; it appears to be in THEIR database and they offer a FREE 15-day "trial" of the program, available at :
www.sunbelt-software.com/CounterSpy.cfm . It would seem using their program would be the easiest way to rid yourself of it;
could uninstall the program before the end of the 15-day period, but I do NOT know what happens AFTER the "trial" ends !?