Author Topic: Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.1061  (Read 2918 times)

tgs

Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.1061
« on: September 17, 2006, 09:52:57 PM »
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41133

Is avast capable of finding this one.
I think i'm infected.
I ran this ICQ message with firefox Mozilla  >:(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 09:56:36 PM by tgs »

NickGolovko

Re: Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.1061
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 05:32:48 AM »
Is it a Doctor Web detection?

I ran the needed search. Trojan.PWS.LDPinch.106 is known for several vendors, 1061 not mentioned at all, but seems it is a variant of 106. avast! doesn't know "106" version.

Do you have any firewall?

tgs

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:20:24 PM »
I am using Windows XP full security pack
I ran the link i got by ICQ with browser Firefox Mozilla

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 03:25:50 PM »
Hi tgs,

As NickGolovko says, this is a DrWeb detection. You can download the latest DrWeb CureIt (non-resident scanner), and you are fully protected of course against at least this one.
Remember that not a single resident AV-scanner gets them all, so occasionaly you scan with either on-line scanners or non-resident scanners like DrWebCureIt, the latest version of stinger.exe or DrWeb anti-virus link checker (free in-browser plug-in for various browsers), online Bitdefender scan, etc.
Do not scan with online scanners that interfere with avast like Panda, and never use two resident av solutions at once (FPs).

Well, actually there is no excuse for not minimalizing the vulnerability window to a tiny jar (you could be very unlucky and hit a full zero.day exploit or become a victim of a prepared action event (hack); these things you cannot protect against, but at least for these occasions surf without full rights (normal user rights only), and without script active). Security is an attitude, it is not a roulette thing.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

NickGolovko

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 04:43:41 PM »
Dear tgs, I see you don't know what firewall is. :) Then you have to change ALL your passwords - for mail, forums, ICQ - just everything, after you remove the virus.