Author Topic: HELP EMERGENCY...Virus in .img file  (Read 2492 times)

drewbb

HELP EMERGENCY...Virus in .img file
« on: September 19, 2006, 12:21:22 AM »
I did a .img file of my whole hard drive in order to do a xp clean boot.  I saved the file on another harddrive that I partitioned that dosent have any os.  Anyway the Win32:Trojano-1333 [Trj] in my .img file is 54gig large and I have'nt scanned it till now.  Obviously the .img is to large to put in the chest so what can I do to save the file but delete the virus.  The file name indicated the whole file and not a subfile within it.

Please help  ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: HELP EMERGENCY...Virus in .img file
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:30:51 AM »
Can you post the full text of the detection, you should find in in the avast Log Viewer, in the warning section, what you saw may have been only part of the path.

I'm not sure if avast would contemplate scanning a 54gig file, if it is in fact that large (I'm not saying that I don't believe you but that is huge), 5.4 gig sounds reasonable.

If your main partition/drive is clean then it may be best to do another image and save that, if that works delete the other image.

What imaging software did you use ?
Me, I exclude my image backups from being scanned, one because they are large, 2GB each (5 weekly copies saved for history) and because before I do an image I have scanned the system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security