Author Topic: Virus in..system mess..  (Read 2168 times)

kaiman

Virus in..system mess..
« on: September 24, 2006, 09:49:14 AM »
It seems yesterday i got a treat from the net (trojan).Avast notified me so i  tried to delete the file (which couldn't be done) so I moved to chest and then deleted.
Problem is that windows still notifies me about an infection on my system suggesting antispyware software should be used.Also the worst thing is that i can't connect to the internet anymore to update avast or my regular antispyware (spybot,spyware blaster,adaware) cause windows hungs up and the system reboots.I managed to send an error report about that last problem to microsoft and it seems that theres some problem with the graphics card's drivers.Unistalling and reinstalling them didn't help.
Scanned everything with spybot,adaware and avast and nothing new was found but i still get the windows infection prompting and the fact that any attempt to go online ends in a system hung up and reboot. ???
Any ideas would be appreciated.I've been using avast since 3-4 years now without any problems.Thanks in advance.. :)

P.S.(I got the 22/9/06 update file from another pc so i'm going to update tomorrow and rescan to see if anything happens)

kaiman

Re: Virus in..system mess..
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 09:52:24 AM »
BTW i'm running XP SP II

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 10:25:41 AM »
Hi kaiman,

Windows doesn't warn of a spyware infection: this is probably a scam.

Have a look at this page and see if the warnings seem the same:

http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal:_SpyAxe_Removal

Please follow instructions in the SmitFraud Removal Tutorial on the same page if you think you have one of these infections.

Good luck!
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

kaiman

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:14:14 AM »
Many thanks FreewheelinFrank!! :)
Gonna try it and see how it works out.