Author Topic: dc++ and avast background protection  (Read 5633 times)

djlaz

dc++ and avast background protection
« on: October 01, 2006, 11:47:08 PM »
i i'm in deep troubles, cant use avast background protection
 and dc++ at same time because it does scans all pm:s  = .log files all over and cause me an 100% cpu:usage and there is no settings for adjust what to scan or so just to remowe whole p2p soft and i all i want is not to scan all over my private messages, coz we all know in -log files thre are no viruses or anything else please help me out

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: dc++ and avast background protection
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:52:41 AM »
What is dc++ ?
Quote from: Is this correct there are other references
This is a project aimed at producing a file sharing client using the ADC protocol. It also supports connecting to the Direct Connect network.

What are your sensitivity settings for standard shield (Normal is the default), increase that and it will scan more files ?

You could also exclude the dc++ folder *.log files, add it to the exclusions list in, Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

djlaz

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 03:04:52 AM »
author=DavidR
You could also exclude the dc++ folder *.log files, add it to the exclusions list in, Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced.

Thanks DavidR for replying, but i have now set the logfolder to not be scanned but in the hint window there is written that any folders that are in the exclusions list ,background protection will not follow those settings, i tryed all ways but it's still scanning all my logs

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 02:59:06 PM »
Quote from: djlaz
i tryed all ways but it's still scanning all my logs
This doesn't tell me what you tried and where, any suggestions I make would be guesswork.

I also asked about standard shield's sensitivity settings ?

What is the file name/s and location/s of the .log file/s causing the problem ?
What have you entered to try to exclude them, e.g. using wild cards C:\*\dcFolder\*.log, what ?
Where did you enter the exclusion string ?
I suspect, Program Settings, exclusions (assuming the syntax of the path is correct), if so this isn't where I said to exclude the files from on-access standard shield scan.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

djlaz

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »
all settings are in "normal mode and the folder i don't wanna to be scanned all over i set like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\GURU\Työpöytä\dc logs

in the exclude list but it still does scan all logs all time on and on

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 04:15:50 PM »
Is this where you added the path (see image) ?
You will also notice in my exclusions in the image (arrowed) *.log now that I can't recall entering so it looks like it is a default value. Is that not there in your list ?

'dc logs' isn't valid *.log is valid, I'm not sure if the accented characters might also have an effect.

djlaz

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:17:12 PM »
Hi again and sorry for keep on spamming here :(   its not the standard shield it seems to be ok 100'% it's the last one what cause me the issue what it can be ??

peer to peer networks the last in list that one keep on scanning my dc logs

and also need to say that i get over 1000 logs at 24 hours
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:32:18 PM by djlaz »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 08:23:36 PM »
Unfortunately there are no exclusions in the P2P Shield, just what p2p applications to monitor.

There are other p2p applications that don't appear to have this issue perhaps trying one of these and see if that helps or you could try peer guardian (I think that is the name) to look after the p2p downloads.

http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PeerGuardian
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/Peer-Guardian-Pr.shtml

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I don't use p2p applications.

djlaz

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 08:29:39 PM »
ok thanks alot i have to try solve something then  :-X

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »
I do not know if this will help but I think it might ...

If the folder you want excluded is called:

C:\Documents and Settings\GURU\Työpöytä\dc logs

Then enter it in the exclusions as:

C:\Documents and Settings\GURU\Työpöytä\dc logs\*