Author Topic: uninstall problems  (Read 2052 times)

L-E ISD NET ADMIN

uninstall problems
« on: October 11, 2006, 12:09:39 AM »
After running a trial installation we decided not to use Avast for our network.

i uninstalled the managed client without knowing that I could uninstall from it just like i pushed it out.  Moving on, I asked about 200 users to run the uninstall tool from their computers.  Do so caused error messages in outlook, stating that the dll file could not be found.  From experience i knew that the fix for that was deleting a registry entry in \\Hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\exchange\client\extensions and a data file in c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook.  After doing that we have no more outlook errors, but now my users can't print from outlook and they can't run java on their pcs. 

Can someone please help me???  I'm tempted to reinstall the management client, push the AV out to the machines again and uninstall through the MC, but i have 800 desktop clients.  My network is a mess.   >:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: uninstall problems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 12:32:48 AM »
Sorry I can offer any specific advice, but this would be best in the dedicated avast! Distributed Network Manager forum where it is likely to be seen by the Alwil team.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security