Author Topic: Email problem (again ??)  (Read 4141 times)

mouniernetwork

Email problem (again ??)
« on: December 01, 2006, 03:17:32 AM »
Hello,

I received the following email which appears to have been send from the forum:

"on-access scanner message

Please can you tell me how I STOP these messages they are interfering with my viewing of a web page and annoying.

J Lofty"

Did anyone else get it ??
I thought that you had to at least have posted 10 times in order to be able to send emails ??

Thanks

Al968

CharleyO

Re: Email problem (again ??)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 07:19:42 AM »

I have not recieved such an email.    ???

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 07:45:24 AM »
I have not received any such email ???
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Negeltu

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:08:48 AM »
What makes you think it was sent from the forum?  The mail header? 

I notice your email address is in your profile so it is available to the public to see.

drhayden1

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 10:40:55 AM »
hey al968.......yes...your email in NOT hidden in your profile- like he said in the above post and that is probably the reason for the email-Hid It!!!!!!for securtity and peace of mind.....
have a good one my friend 8)

++Go to modify profile and in account related settings-check hide email address from public++
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:45:56 AM by drhayden1 »

mouniernetwork

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 12:29:31 PM »
 :-[
Actually I just received an email from the person who sent it to me who apologized, she thought that that was you posted in the forum  ;D
I guess I overeacted  :-\
Anyway should I delete my post as it probably won't be of help to anybody ?

Thanks

Al968

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »
You can't delete your post, only a moderator can delete it.

As for if it won't be a help to anyone, perhaps it will. Don't display your email in publicly available forums, there are spambots that trawl the internet harvesting email addresses to add to spam lists. So I along with the others suggest you don't display it publicly change your profile.

This was where the PM function was handy (provided there were proper safeguards to avoid misuse), you had a means of communication between forum members without hanging your email out there for all to see, use, misuse, abuse, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

lofty

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:03:05 PM »
Thank you for your apology, i now know how to post a thread i thought i was sending an email to  a moderator who would be able to answer my question. Oh by the way i'm a man not a woman LOL