Author Topic: Trojan Problems  (Read 2707 times)

Kita

Trojan Problems
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
I have a Trojan on my pc, (Win32:Zlob-TZ [Trj]) and when it was found a window popped up, giving me 3 options. In bold it says RECOMMENDED ACTION: MOVE TO CHEST
When I select the move to chest option, It says CANNOT PROCCESS. VIRUS CHEST SERVER NOT RUNNING. RPC COMMUNICATION FAILED.
I was wondering what that means and what I could do to fix the problem.
Also, if anyone has any tips for removing this virus that would be greatly appreciated.

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: Trojan Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »
Hello :)

Are you running another AV with avast?
Have you ever had another AV installed and if so what and how did you remove it?

Please try repairing avast! installation:  Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove
Then choose Repair function in the pop up window (Repair) (you need to be online to do the repair) ;)

And then try a boot-time scan.

If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Kita

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 09:56:59 PM »
Yes, although its not currently running, I do have adaware on my system. I shall try that and see what happens though. Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 10:53:04 PM »
A boot-time scan as mentioned should be OK as it is done before windows loads so I think the RPC error shouldn't be an issue.

Usually associated with ZLOB detection.
A new tool available from Rubber Ducky here http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

Also - This one has a combined removal tool with instructions, http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security