Author Topic: Win 32:Small EKE [trj]  (Read 6392 times)

modestyblaise

Win 32:Small EKE [trj]
« on: June 15, 2007, 03:15:53 AM »
I need help with this because no matter what action I take with Avast 4.7 home version the trojan is still there! Preboot scans didn't help remove it eather,other trojan removers don't seem to ''recognize'' it's even there. The location of the trojan is according to Avast on C:/Program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\moved\tmwsock.dll.vir because I get the message it's infected and the full name of the nasty bugger is Win 32:Small EKE [trj] please,please help,thanx in advance  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Win 32:Small EKE [trj]
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:20:02 AM »
You can send (add) this file to Chest and then delete it, emptying recycle bin after that.
Start avast antivirus, open the Chest, right click the area of the files and choose Add. Browse to the file and add it to Chest.

If a virus is replicant (coming and coming again), it's good that you:

1) Disable System Restore on Windows ME or Windows XP. System Restore cannot be disabled on Windows 9x and it's not available in Windows 2k. After boot you can enable System Restore again after step 3).

2) Clean your temporary files. You can use CleanUp or the Windows Advanced Care features for that.

3) Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot. Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting).

4) It will be good if you download, install, update and run AVG Antispyware. Some users recommend SUPERantispyware, Spyware Terminator and/or a-squared (take care about false positives).
If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.

5) If you still detecting any strange behavior or even you're sure you're not clean, maybe it will be good to test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest AVG, Panda and/or F-Secure BlackLight.

6) After you're clean, use the immunization of SpywareBlaster or, which is better, the Windows Advanced Care features of spyware/adware cleaning and removal.
The best things in life are free.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:26:08 AM »
Hi modestyblaise,

C:/Program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\moved\ is the place where avast! puts malware files during a preboot scan. A normal scan should detect it again and put it in the chest. If this doesn't happen, try deleting the file.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:50:44 AM »
Hi modestyblase,

You could also have a run with CCleaner, and do an Ad-aware sweep.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:29:28 PM »
Remember that the preboot scan of avast could either send the files to Chest and not only move to another folder like y you've done.

modestyblaise

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 09:26:45 PM »
I tried and I tried but couldn't get it purged,I did all you cool dudes told me to do,but nothing seemed to help..Yesterday I finally gave up and formatted my Hard drive...no big loss but It did the trick,.hehe,thanx for everything anyway  :-*

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 09:38:40 PM »
I tried and I tried but couldn't get it purged,I did all you cool dudes told me to do,but nothing seemed to help..Yesterday I finally gave up and formatted my Hard drive...no big loss but It did the trick,.hehe,thanx for everything anyway  :-*
Formating is always a loss for us... we failed helping...
Although, we're glad you have your computer clean now.