Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 34499 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: HELP!
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 03:17:36 PM »
bad news...my friend pc alredy sent to formate........... :-\

I feared this may ultimately be the case from your first post, which seems an eternity ago, but only a week.

hi..

how to run boot time scan manualy?
and i got a friend he...do not use any antivirus at all, for about 1 years ....and now his pc is terribly slow  :-\and cannot log on....then i help him log on with safe mode and install the avast on his pc ....and scan his pc...i m shocked....why?because there about 50-60 virus found include adware,and trojan i follow the avast advice to move to chest....and the avast advice me to run boot times scan because there is a dangerous virus in memory, but when i click yes to start boot times scan ...it cant run....anybody help?

For such a long time without protection it is often better/safer to start from scratch as I mentioned in my first reply. Hopefully they have learned a valuable lesson and that they recognise your help and get you a few beers.

Quote from: DavidR
After so long their system is likely to be completely compromised with password stealers, backdoors, possibly rootkits hiding much more, etc. (you really have a task in front of you) that realistically they should be considering a format and start from scratch.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security