Author Topic: Some stuff avast missed  (Read 2745 times)

SEGMAT

Some stuff avast missed
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:50:14 PM »
just wanted to let anyone who is involved in the development of avast know that avast missed a trojan horse and a BHO.  I know that avast isn't meant as an antispyware and so the BHO could be explained but there was a trojan on my machine detected by Tenebril SpyCatcher and I want to let you know that avast didn't detect it.

MediaMotor is the trojan and if you're interested, EliteBar is the BHO.  hopefully this can be dealt with.  if this isn't the right place to post stuff like this, then please inform me and forward it to the necessary people.  thank-you

Matt Segstro

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Some stuff avast missed
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:22:25 AM »
If there is an infected file, can you send the samples to virus@avast.com ?
You can zip and password the files... Inform a link to this thread and the password used.
You can send the files to Chest and, from there, resend to Alwil for analysis.
Thanks.

If it's only a windows registry 'infection', can you post more info about it (the name of the key, etc.).
The best things in life are free.

mrcaki

Re: Some stuff avast missed in my comp.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.jp   File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqrspqq.dll
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Agent.mx   File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\asc3550u.sys
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Dlena.co   File: C:\86.tmp
deleted: riskware not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.CloseApp.a   File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\closeapp.exe
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.aoy   File: C:\DOCUME~1\ALEKSA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\qldmehxq.exe
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.aoy   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\K1AZO5I3\tob_snd_20070616[1]
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tiny.id   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CTQR8LAN\adfcook[1]
deleted: riskware not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.WinFixer.o   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IDTUMTRM\WinAntiVirusPro2007FreeInstall[1].cab\UWA7P_0001_N91M0809NetInstaller.exe
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.anr   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IDTUMTRM\koocwolla_20070601[1]

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Some stuff avast missed
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 05:23:22 AM »
deleted: adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.jp   File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqrspqq.dll
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Agent.mx   File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\asc3550u.sys
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Dlena.co   File: C:\86.tmp
deleted: riskware not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.CloseApp.a   File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\closeapp.exe
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.aoy   File: C:\DOCUME~1\ALEKSA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\qldmehxq.exe
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.aoy   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\K1AZO5I3\tob_snd_20070616[1]
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tiny.id   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CTQR8LAN\adfcook[1]
deleted: riskware not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.WinFixer.o   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IDTUMTRM\WinAntiVirusPro2007FreeInstall[1].cab\UWA7P_0001_N91M0809NetInstaller.exe
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.anr   File: C:\Documents and Settings\Aleksandar&Dragana\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IDTUMTRM\koocwolla_20070601[1]
And so ???
The best things in life are free.