Author Topic: Virus removal Part 2 CVE-2007-0038 & Windows Vista 64-bit.  (Read 3047 times)

Phifer69

Virus removal Part 2 CVE-2007-0038 & Windows Vista 64-bit.
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »
First; I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate the 64-Bit version.
Sorry I left that important info out, the first time.

As you may or may not know the programs:  Hijack This, Secunia & the Anti-Rootkit apps. AVG & Panda due not on a 64-Bit platform.

Why does Avast Home Edition when it detects the Virus "CVE-2007-0038" it warns me with 3 useless one option dialog boxes to abort my Internet connection, along with a really cool sounding "Hal" like voice. But after the third time...each time...it gets a little old.
The dialog box should at least inform the user as to what to do next. Like run the scanner to find the location & remove the Virus.
Which does not work...I hopping that moving it to the "Virus Chest" works better.

Tip: Always run the "scan archives" option on the scanner, or Avast does not see "CVE-2007-0038" virus.

Why I'm I getting re-affected.

Is one of the side effects of "CVE-2007-0038" virus;  to keep nocking me off line every 45sec. to 1min. ?

Is there a 64-Bit solution?

CharleyO

Re: Virus removal Part 2 CVE-2007-0038 & Windows Vista 64-bit.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »

Are these warnings coming from the WebShield? Can you post an image of the warning dialog box or boxes?

What are you doing when you get these warnings ... at a specific website?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »
Why does Avast Home Edition when it detects the Virus "CVE-2007-0038" it warns me with 3 useless one option dialog boxes to abort my Internet connection, along with a really cool sounding "Hal" like voice. But after the third time...each time...it gets a little old.
Useless? Are you sure you're not making a connection to an infected site?
This is a WebShield warning that cuts the HTTP connection to infected sites.
Can you post an edited link to the site you're visiting (please, not a live link).

I hopping that moving it to the "Virus Chest" works better.
You can't send a site to Chest...
The best things in life are free.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 03:00:29 PM »
Just to add to the above. If it is webshield, (judging from the "abort connection" option, it is), the infection is not on your hard drive. Webshield blocked it before it was downloaded. Follow Tech's advice.