Author Topic: Help create batch file  (Read 2468 times)

Go Pack Go

Help create batch file
« on: November 13, 2007, 03:12:02 AM »
Can someone help me create a batch file to open Ares and PeerGaurdian at the same time? All I have so far is this:

Start "C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe"
Start "C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe"
end

but that isn't working, can someont tell me what I am doing wrong, I don't really know what I am doing here. Thanks!

Or if anyone knows a better way to simply open two programs at once like a simple shortcut or something, that would be great, I am using XP home btw, if that matters.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:17:07 AM by Go Pack Go »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Help create batch file
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:50:56 AM »
When you say it isn't working, what errors, etc ?
Putting Pause on a line at the bottom will leave the batch file open so you can see any errors, remove the pause when it is sorted. Put you .bat file with these commands in the root, c:\ folder, that will ensure there is no issue with path not found, etc.

I don't really know as I don't use either of the programs, so I don't know if these are services that you are trying to start ?
If so you need:
net start "C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe"
net start "C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe"

You shouldn't need end, once the batch file has started the serviced then the .bat file closes.

If they aren't services just programs then I don't believe you need the start (or probably the quotes), just the path to the executable.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Go Pack Go

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 05:07:08 AM »
They are both just programs, Ares is a P2P, and PeerGaurdian is to block certain IPs.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 12:00:58 PM »
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe"
"C:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe"

Will be enough...
They're programs not services.
The best things in life are free.