Author Topic: MSN Game Zone  (Read 5186 times)

blueford150

MSN Game Zone
« on: December 27, 2007, 01:50:38 AM »
After installing AVAST Home ver, my daughters are unable to load any of the online MSN games. How do I fix this? 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: MSN Game Zone
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »
We will need more information to be able to help you:
- Which OS are you using? Is it up to date?
- Do you use a firewall? Which one? Is ashWebSv.exe allowed to connect the Internet?
- Do you have any other antivirus installed in your system? Did you have in the past?
- Any other security programs that could interfere?
The best things in life are free.

caledoniannorm

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 03:01:29 PM »
My first post on this Forum, so hope it helps.

Since last Sunday, 23rd December, the MSN Gaming Zone has been experiencing problems and has been on numerous occasions "unavailable", and throwing up "cannot connect" boxes and instructing the user to check firewalls, AV progs. etc....................but the problem is at their end.

Perhaps your installing Avast and the start of these MSN probs are co-incidental

MSN appears to be working again now, perhaps if you were to check again to see if you can access it.

blueford150

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:49:38 AM »
I have a Dell Dimension 4600, 2.66 Ghz, 1.5 Gig Ram, & I'm using XP Pro with Service Pack 2 & it is up to date.

I'm using Windows Firewall.

"Is ashWebSv.exe allowed to connect the Internet?" I double clicked on it & nothing happens.

I do not have any other Anti-virus software loaded, I was using F-Secures suite, provided by Charter Comm, but it was slowing down my PC

I do not have any other security programs running automatically, I do periodically run Spy-bot & Ad-Aware.

I tried to access MSN Games. If you select a game & select "Play Now", a second screen pops up, states the Games name in the top bar, but area that the game should be in is just blue. I also noticed that once you select "Play Now", Avast Ball Icon spins & stops.