Author Topic: AVAST Secure Browser Activates itself in background  (Read 1750 times)

Offline jpaulb1

AVAST Secure Browser Activates itself in background
« on: June 26, 2023, 04:24:08 PM »
Hi Everybody,

My Avast Secure Browser seems to activate itself in the background, and then de-activate itself after xx minutes. I see this because I can find Avast cookies when I use any of the commercial clean-up apps.

Can someone explain what this is about, and importantly - how I can turn off all Avast Browser activity until I choose to operate it?

Many thanks,
Paul
Many Thanks,
Paul

Offline Jiří Malina

• Avast team
Re: AVAST Secure Browser Activates itself in background
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 10:52:32 AM »
Hi jpaulb1,

This can be related to automatic updates of ASB ran by task manager.
But we will need more info. Can you please share what cookies were created?

Thank you

Offline jpaulb1

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 03:07:05 PM »
Thank you, Jiri Malina,
I appreciate the time you have given me, to read my question.
The following is a list of the files that Avast Secure Browser created while I had NOT activated the browser:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B3C46-20CC.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B3E86-F6C.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B4A56-3430.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B4C95-1818.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B5866-1874.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B5AA5-3A60.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B6676-810.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\BrowserMetrics\BrowserMetrics-649B68B5-1488.pma   4,096 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\CrashpadMetrics-active.pma   1,024 KB
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\CrashpadMetrics.pma   1,024 KB
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, Thank you
Paul
Many Thanks,
Paul

Offline Jiří Malina

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 05:13:08 PM »
Thank you for the info. I will check these out and let you know.

Offline Jiří Malina

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 08:05:24 AM »
I checked these files and can confirm that these are created when we run our services to make sure our product is at top state for you when it will be started next time.