Author Topic: SOFTWARE UPDATE  (Read 854 times)

Offline KUNA

SOFTWARE UPDATE
« on: July 27, 2023, 03:36:52 PM »
Where to find the Avast software update license number? Ineed to reinstall the software program.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: SOFTWARE UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 01:37:41 AM »
Where to find the Avast software update license number? I need to reinstall the software program.

First I use Avast Free, so I'm not troubled by this.

I too am unsure what you mean by "Avast software update license number" If you paid for Avast Premium you should have been sent an email with your license number.  Likewise if you have recently renewed that license you should have had an email relating to that.

I'm not sure if you open your Avast Account, I think that should also be recorded there.  Even if you reinstall, you should be able to go to your Account and assign the license to the new installation. If you open the Avast UI > Menu > Go to account should take you there, See attached image, click to expand.  You could also be able to see an option for your Subscriptions, there will probably be something there. With me using the Free version, I'm pretty limited on options.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security