Author Topic: Avast One Won't Install  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Trace

Avast One Won't Install
« on: July 15, 2023, 04:16:36 AM »
I previously had Avast Premium Security, Avast AntiTrack, and Avast Cleanup Premium.

Rather than paying through the nose for 3 different products, I didn't renew this year and decided to try out Avast One, and if I liked it, I'd upgrade to the paid version.

I have uninstalled ALL other Avast software, to the point that there are no results whatsoever no matter how deeply I search my computer, however Avast One refuses to install, and insists that I still have Avast AntiTrack.

No amount of digging for a stray Avast file has come up with anything EXCEPT the installer for Avast One itself.

I've restarted my computer to flush out any remaining finishing bits to any potential ongoing uninstall, cleared my Task Manager entirely (requiring another restart), but to no avail.

What is causing Avast One to insist there's some kind of ghost version of Avast AntiTrack still here, and how do I fix it?

Offline Ernest - Francis

Re: Avast One Won't Install
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 12:01:48 AM »
I have exactly the same issue, fully cleaned, by Avast Clear and manually and uninstallers, Avast One installer still stuck at 49%. Very poor product