Author Topic: Confusion on the Avast website when looking to buy their products  (Read 1874 times)

Offline alan.hayward

Hi

I have been using Avast free antivirus on all of my computers for longer than I can remember, On this PC its Avast One.
Every now and then I think I will upgrade to the full product. Every time I go and look at their web page for product pricing its just an absolute mess of confusion.
This morning when I looked, I thought I had found the answer. There was a page with product information in columns with the features of each ticked. The last column was Premium which had every option ticked. The other three, or was it four columns were each product, like VPN, listing the various components. This was very clear and I left this page on my PC all day. The pricing for the year was around £59 pounds for Premium and rising to around £105 for the second year for 10 units.

This page has now disappeared and the pricing and product details are totally different. Premium doesnt include VPN and the Essential had more options.
After running a system checker on the Avast One Free, it offered me an upgrade with totally different pricing for two years and still didnt list a clear and precise list of what you get for your money.

I went to try and find a phone number so I could explain to a human exactly what I want, and thats when the page I wanted had gone. It even cleared them from browser history, so I assume Avast just change everything to confuse new users so they buy the wrong products.

Has anyone else suffered from this nonsense, because there are other options out there that probably work better.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Confusion on the Avast website when looking to buy their products
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 10:17:19 PM »
Well I have been using Avast Free Antivirus (not Avast One Essentials) for 20 years. 
That has come a very long way in that time and it suits my requirements.  I don't feel I'm missing anything that I haven't got covered in some way or 'need'.  My only possible though would be a VPN, but my computer/internet usage isn't high risk.

That is what you have to look at is there something missing/that you feel is needed in Avast One Essentials (and it has elements not in Avast Antivirus Free).

There are two product ranges Avast Antivirus (Free, Premium, etc.) and Avast One (Essentials, Premium, etc.) so it isn't that easy to compare.  The only rea constants are your computer use and which product meets those needs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline wayne45

Re: Confusion on the Avast website when looking to buy their products
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 01:05:43 AM »
seems this company like confusion for the donkey to chase the carrot. having issues of upgrade when i thought i got all bell and whistles app. caution  take a restore point before installing anything from this company.

i like to have my data returned and a refund