Author Topic: Lots of Avast errors I don't understand  (Read 75 times)

Offline Raining

Lots of Avast errors I don't understand
« on: Yesterday at 04:13:54 PM »
Hello,
For the past year or so, when Avast needs the antivirus definitions updated, it has a very difficult time doing so. I click update, and the green bar goes back and forth, but it fails to update and I am unable to click the update button again. It always eventually goes, but usually only after multiple attempts.
Then, yesterday, I ran a full system scan on two different computers. Instead of finishing and showing the screen that says no malware found, the screen was blank. If I go back to the "Protection" screen, click "Virus scans", then a green bar that says 100% is under the "Full Virus scan" option, as if a scan is running and is 100% complete, but when I select this option, there is only a blank screen. If I close Avast, restart my computer, and then open Avast and check the scan history, there is a ghost with a yellow exclamation point next to this scan. I ran another full system scan on both computers, and one finished normally while the other computer had the same issue with the ghost and blank screen.
I don't know what this means. Avast has seemed awfully glitchy lately. Can any of this be a virus interfering with Avast?
Thanks