Author Topic: How can I suspend / deactivate Fee Avast Security on MacOs without uninstalling  (Read 1417 times)

Offline axel.ellrodt

Hello,

How can I suspend / deactivate Fee Avast Security on MacOs without uninstalling ?

Old Mac Book Air,
Mac OS 10.14.6,
Avast Securityc 15.7.5

Thanks

Offline axel.ellrodt

Well,

I couldn't find how to prevent Free Avast Security (trial) from massively slowing my Mac.

T'is frustrating Avast provides no support .

I resorted to uninstall and replace with another antivirus (15 days trial soon to be converted to paid version) that works smoothly without interfering with performance.

Offline prokopes_

• Avast team
Hi @axel.ellrodt, I'm sorry to hear that! If you'd like to experient with Avast again, can you please send us logs from your device after you experience the performance issue? The log submission process is described here: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/submit-mac-security-support-file/
(please let me know when you submit the logs so we can check it with priority)

Of course, if you're not interested in our products anymore, we respect your decision.

Btw, if you need to disable/suspend/deactivate Avast shields temporarily, please access the menu of the below shields and turn the green slider "ON" to the "OFF" position (disabled). In the free version of Avast Security on Mac, the shields are:
  • File Shield
  • Web Shield
  • Email Guardian
  • Ransomware Shield
  • Traffic Monitor (should be disabled by default)
Signature