Author Topic: "HTML:PhishingMS-AEN [Phish]" Reported from Thunderbird // Help identifying it  (Read 362 times)

Offline webExplorer

Hi there.
I use avast! free on my Windows machine and use also Mozilla Thunderbird as my e-mail client.

Whenever I open the e-mail client to check on new messages, avast alerts me with this message:

Alert ID : ecf5eab8f497/2024-06-13T23:52:38.422Z

Screenshot:

The thing is - I would like to have this whitelisted in a way / stop this message from appearing, without compromising the real-time protection security.

Can someone help me identify what it may be blocking?

I see it is from File Shield - it is my best guess that avast File Shield may be blocking one of the attachments in a message from Inbox from one of my
Outlook/Microsoft email addresses.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
White listing (setting an exclusion), just to remove an Alert could leave you in the dark brown sticky stuff.

Your image indicates this is in your Outlook Office 365 inbox.

If you can connect to that not using thunderbird (which is trying to download the content of the inbox) and delete/clear the contents of the inbox, that should remove the suspect email content.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security