Author Topic: CSV export from Avast Hub device page corrupt/not usable?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Tom610

CSV export from Avast Hub device page corrupt/not usable?
« on: June 03, 2024, 12:59:44 PM »
I was checking some stuff from the devices page and wanted to use a CSV export to get into some details but it looks like the CSV export of the hub is kind of creating corrupt/unusable files?

I did an export from partner level... for around 3.900 clients and then on client level... the result was, always the same:

1. Client with more then one IP address will have more then one collumns with the CSV
2. The first collum break will be made at the end of the MAC address --> starting IP addresse being in the collum B

Am I missing something here? I use Excel for this and it is not the first time I use CSV within Excel. But the last time I used a device CSV export from the hub was long ago...

Unfortunately the CSV results cannot be changend in the way that it is only exported what is selected for the view. I tried that to narrow down the problem cause I just wanted to have the Clients name, customer name and the MAC address... but the CSV export result ist always the same with all values enabled one can activate for the view...

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: CSV export from Avast Hub device page corrupt/not usable?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2024, 04:13:56 PM »
I have tested the csv export from the device page without problems.

The only problem (alredy reported to AVAST) is that the field "IPv4 Addresses" includes the IP and the Mac Address.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 09:18:36 AM »
I can't confirm this mix with IP and MAC address in the IPv4 address field but more like a seperation here...

Obviously there is no such issue in the reports section so... yet the reports will not include the MAC address.

Furthermore I see clients that have more than just one IP address shown in the details info area, which is quite impossible if those use DHCP.

Opend a case for this one today.

Offline Tom610

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2024, 12:56:49 PM »
Case was escaleted to level 2 tech...

Offline Tom610

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 02:58:18 PM »
I have tested the csv export from the device page without problems.

The only problem (alredy reported to AVAST) is that the field "IPv4 Addresses" includes the IP and the Mac Address.

I've got feedback from support today: It looks like that this issue is specific to non Excel 365?
I use MS Office 2019 Pro Plus but not as 365...

I will make a test on libre office.

The issue regarding mixed IP and MAC address is obviously a diffrent one and under investigation.