Author Topic: new user/win32.trojan-gen  (Read 5493 times)

skylar

new user/win32.trojan-gen
« on: March 12, 2004, 03:40:17 PM »
the last 2 days I keep getting a warning that this virus is in my system volume info area,, I keep deleting it,,etc all the options but it keeps coming back even with cleaning?? am I do something wrong??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:new user/win32.trojan-gen
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 03:49:29 PM »
the last 2 days I keep getting a warning that this virus is in my system volume info area,, I keep deleting it,,etc all the options but it keeps coming back even with cleaning?? am I do something wrong??

Which is your OS?
Why don't you try to disable the System Restore and then enable it again?
This will delete the files for system recovery and, consequently, the infected files. avast! (or any other av) cannot delete this files because they are protected by Windows...
The best things in life are free.

Chief-ADFP

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 09:22:41 PM »
guy it come from a rar file i know this reason i tested a file it come from a rar file for a trainer you need to remove that trainer.rar then it will not restill it self back in. all it take is to click-on the file it instill into your system you don't even need to take anything out of it. do a search for: .RAR file see anything look like a trainer or my case bhd.V1.5.0.5 or search for " trn " inside your HHD TRN is for trainers. when you find it delete the file totally. then delete the trojan-gen after. you could try a bootscan.

Note:
only a warning to all LW/TFD/BHD/TS trainers have a Win32.trojan-gen virus in them RAR-files stay away from all types of trainers, the hacker put it into steal game accounts info away from players. it is a new one not all Antivirus programs may see it at this time.

Chief-ADFP

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 09:27:05 PM »
General information:
Trojan Horses:
Trojans Horses or Trojans are malicious programs that appear as harmless or desirable applications. Trojans are
designed to cause loss or theft of computer data, and to destroy your system. Some Trojans, called RATs
(Remote Administration Tools), allow an attacker to gain unrestricted access of your computer whenever you are
online. The attacker can perform activities such as file transfers, adding/deleting files or programs, and
controlling the mouse and keyboard. Trojans are generally distributed as email attachments or bundled with
another software program. this means trainers, hecks/cracks to free use of programs with out paying for it sample Dap5, trillain, Key-generators. a lot of these things have Trojan to them so the hacker trade off with you in a bad way. so is it totally free as they say crash & burn nope they will get the better of you sooner or later thats how it works. and how i remove it:

This is to backup what Novalogic.Inc has said about 3rd party software. trainers/download software. i have tested this out and found what they been saying is tobe true to the word. Below is a report done by: avast! Antivirus scan report.

1.) 06.02.2004 08:13:39 HOME_OFFICE\Gateway 2508 Sign of "Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\Gateway\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\2PSBE525\celdfbhd1505trn3[1].zip\Cell+3.exe" file.

2.) 06.02.2004 08:15:25 HOME_OFFICE\Gateway 2508 Sign of "Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}" has been found in "C:\Documents and Settings\Gateway\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RH3RP18E\celdfbhd1505trn2[1].zip\Cell+2.exe" file.

if you been saying there no virus to them will here the proof they do have virus in them, so if you like to lose your account and get banned then you ask for it.

Trainers 2ea test for virus socall new for DFBHD Vr 1.05.5 update is totally made by a hacker you get what you ask for and more. and you can bit your rearend other cheat tools have virus to them like i said i only got them to test them and the test show only 2 i got had virus/trojan horse to them i can say if i got 6more and tested them they to will have it all so. better play the game the way it was made to be play and don't even try to cheat by using tools of any type you lose in the end

SKYCOMP

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 01:09:44 AM »
Its Super Chief-ADFP that you are a member in the forum. Allow me to pass along my welcome to you. You seem to have an eye for at least some trojans.I would like your opinion on a recent Avast! find on my machine which is a W98SE. The scan result showed 2 files...M20DECT.exe & dfd.exe as culprits, and defined them like this...trojano -025.[trj] ! I haven't a clue in the world what this means as i have searched high & low for an answer. I pulled these 2 files manually and have them locked in a special folder. They both have a small white flag icon with an aqua colored stripe across the top. Any ideas what these are? or why they were claimed to be trojan files? Would be a lot of help if you could shed some light on this find. Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 04:31:28 AM »
Chief, how do we have to interpret your signature? Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein?  ::)
The best things in life are free.