Author Topic: Avast Blocking Internet Access  (Read 3120 times)

Offline jkwaak1980

Avast Blocking Internet Access
« on: March 27, 2022, 01:23:54 AM »
Okay so I spent nearly 2 hours trying to diagnose an issue with my internet connection.  Once I verified it was not a physical connection issue I started checking software related issues.  I turned off Avast and immediately started getting internet access to all my other software and to Chrome.  I turned Avast back on and have had no issues getting internet access since.  I have been trying to go through the logs on Avast here (Protection\firewall\logs) with in the software to find out when the connection was severed and it is taking forever to comb through it.  Is there a log located somewhere with in the software's directories that I can open in a text reader or such that will make it easier to scan/search through?  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Blocking Internet Access
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 10:25:06 AM »
- Which Avast..? (Free/Premium/One)
- Which version/build of Avast..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline John74

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 06:39:42 PM »
I am also having issues with Windows 10 and Avast Premium Security. My laptop, which I've used at home for months without any issues, has today refused to identify my home router and set it to Public and Untrusted (which I've now changed to Private and Trusted).

When I select the router from the wifi list in Windows, Avast ignores the name and displays it as "Unidentified Network", shows it as Trusted, but I can't access the internet at all, which means no AV updates or anything.

When I switch router names (I have a standard profile and also a router_5G profile set up) I can't get internet under either profile.

I'm on program version 22.2.6003 (build 22.2.7013.717). W10 is fully up to date.

Any suggestions as to how I can get my internet access back?

If I try to run the Windows wifi troubleshooter, it reports back as "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 08:42:16 AM »
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 10:12:18 AM »
I am also having issues with Windows 10 and Avast Premium Security. My laptop, which I've used at home for months without any issues, has today refused to identify my home router and set it to Public and Untrusted (which I've now changed to Private and Trusted).

When I select the router from the wifi list in Windows, Avast ignores the name and displays it as "Unidentified Network", shows it as Trusted, but I can't access the internet at all, which means no AV updates or anything.

When I switch router names (I have a standard profile and also a router_5G profile set up) I can't get internet under either profile.

I'm on program version 22.2.6003 (build 22.2.7013.717). W10 is fully up to date.

Any suggestions as to how I can get my internet access back?

If I try to run the Windows wifi troubleshooter, it reports back as "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

Hi,

Please restart your router and restart Windows.

Offline John74

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »
Thanks - that seems to have done the trick.  :D

Offline JOSE327

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2024, 10:49:03 PM »
I had to uninstall Avast and install it again. Do not click in work off-line, otherwise Avast will block the internet connection.