Author Topic: Email Guardian - Account Access  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Dan The Man

Email Guardian - Account Access
« on: July 12, 2024, 04:06:56 PM »
Email Guardian is telling me it no longer has access to my email accounts.  I re-entered the account info, but it says the email or password is invalid.  They aren't.

Any ideas?

One possible factor:  My email addresses are with my ISP Cox.  Several months back, Cox had Yahoo take over all their email accounts.  The @Cox addresses still all work.  Email Guardian has been working since then.  I have a separate Yahoo email address.  When I just tried to set up Email Guardian for it, I got the same error.

Offline prokopes_

• Avast team
Re: Email Guardian - Account Access
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 03:00:33 PM »
I suspect that your email account provider have started started requiring an "app-specific" password: https://myemail.cox.net/appsuite/help/l10n/en_US/ox.appsuite.user.sect.security.apppasswords.html
You may need to enter this "app-specific" password instead of your email password to set up 3rd-party apps such as Email Guardian.
ō͡≡о

Offline B36

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 10:13:18 PM »
I have the same issue - three email accounts (Cox) that migrated to Yahoo. Two of the email addresses are working fine with email guardian. One has the incorrect password error but the password is correct. I did explore the app specific password program but it also does not allow access - also shows password error. I had no issues until today.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 10:17:29 PM by B36 »

Offline Michael862

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2024, 07:58:25 PM »
Same issue.  Have tried 3rd party password as well with no success.  Cannot add a cox domain email to email guardian at this time.

Offline prokopes_

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2024, 09:28:01 AM »
Hi, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. This issue is caused by a recent change where Cox accounts are being moved to Yahoo mail servers. You can find more details on the Cox website here: Cox Email Transitioning to Yahoo.

We’re currently working on a solution that will allow Cox accounts on Yahoo servers to use the Avast Email Guardian.

In the meantime, I understand how frustrating this might be, and I appreciate your patience. Unfortunately, some Cox accounts may not be available for onboarding right now.
ō͡≡о

Offline Michael862

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2024, 09:52:24 PM »
Is there any update to resolving the email guardian issue with cox email accounts that have been transitioned to yahoo.com. 

Offline prokopes_

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2024, 02:46:20 PM »
Yes, we will switch Cox.net account to Yahoo backend very soon. Sorry again for the trouble.
ō͡≡о

Offline prokopes_

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2024, 04:01:42 PM »
Hi all, this problem should now be resolved. Can you please try onboarding your Cox account back into Avast Email Guardian? Please make sure that you use the "app password" generated in your Yahoo account. Full instructions on how to get this password are here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN36637.html

Please let us know if it worked.
ō͡≡о