Author Topic: Firewall Settings Change  (Read 407 times)

Offline WittmierC

Firewall Settings Change
« on: September 11, 2024, 12:35:27 AM »
Just a suggestion for a future version of One, and I'm not looking to start any debates over it, just speaking my mind for others to see, but it would be so great to have a similar settings layout and options to Premium. You have a lot more freedom to customize firewall settings on Premium than One, which is supposed to be their top all-in-one solution, which I do like, however, it's very simplified. It would be nice to have a more advanced layout for One for users who are used to Premium and still want the customizability it provides, while still getting the additional benifits One provides. It could even be as simple as 'Show Advanced Options' and have a disclaimer letting users know that they should only make changes in advanced mode if they have experience, so that more basic users won't have to deal with any advanced settings if they don't need to.

Like I said, just a suggestion. I know it may or may not be added in, but for me, and maybe others, it would be nice to see in One.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Firewall Settings Change
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2024, 01:00:25 AM »
My guess would be this additional configuration may well be a reason to pay for Avast Premium.

The Avast One Free program compared to Avast Antivirus free has more components but less configurability.

I don't know if Avast Antivirus free might suite you better but you would have to see if the components suit your needs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security