Author Topic: Unwanted warnings, messages and trojans  (Read 3750 times)

georgepegasus

Unwanted warnings, messages and trojans
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
Hi everyone,
If anyone coul help me with that problem I would be very grateful. On my PC I constantly receive warnings about new potential infections or trojans which I can not get rid of using avast! There is not such option even to remove these warnings. The only options are: "continue" or "ignore". Sometime  it appears 20 or so warnings of the same kind, one after another , disturbing with work on PC. Any idea what to do in these cases? Trojans can be only put to quarantine (the only suggested action by avast programers). Could I remove those from quarantine with no consequences?
Sorry but I have very little experince with such trouble. I beg for HELP!!! :( ???

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Unwanted warnings, messages and trojans
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »
Hi georgepegasus,

Try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested.

Try a scan with DrWeb CureIT!

Try the usual free adware/spyware scanners.

AVG Anti-Spyware Free (Requires Win2k/XP)

Spybot Search & Destroy

SUPERAntiSpyware Free

Download, install and update the programs. Disconnect from the internet (pull the plug) before running scans in Safe Mode if possible.

Always select the option to quarantine any malware found rather than delete it, then you will be able to restore files or registry entries wrongly identified as malware- a rare but not unknown event for any malware scanner.

Try some online scans. (Disable avast! while scanning.)

F-Secure

BitDefender

Panda

Trend Micro Housecall

If still having problems, post a HijackThis! log.

When you have finished, scan for out-of-date and insecure software using Secunia Software Inspector and update any vulnerable software: this will help to prevent future infections.

Install SpywareBlaster also to prevent future infections: don't forget to update every month or so.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline Maxx_original

• Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:33:11 PM »
too few informations.. we need to know at least the virus family name and locations of the infected files...

georgepegasus

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »
Thank you for advice to first responder, I will try to follow it.
The most often viruses are signed as: Win32:Small-HKO(Trj) and Win.32:Nulprot-BC(Trj) and similar to those. I have also encoutered:Downloader.Small.cib, Trojan.Agent.asn, Rootkit.Agent.pr, Hijacker.Startpage.ats, Backdoor.IRCBot.akw, which were not recognized by "avast!". Would it be sufficient information to get more direct advice ? Thank you for your consideration :)

Offline Maxx_original

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »
try to scan your system with GMER/CatchMe from www.gmer.net ;)

georgepegasus

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »
Thank you! I will try although DrWeb Cure helps a bit :D