Author Topic: possible virus with unfreez.exe ?  (Read 2963 times)

sobrino

possible virus with unfreez.exe ?
« on: February 07, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
Bonjour à tous,
je voulais envoyer par Mail un petit éditeur de gifs animés gratuit "unfreez" à un ami. Lors de l'expédition avast m'annonce un virus possible. Le site du fabricant prévoit une alerte virale possible (faux positif ?) et conseille de mettre l'antivirus à jour. Ce que j'ai fait sans résultat !!! Si je provoque le scan du programme suspect par clic droit, Avast ne trouve rien (Bizarre, non ?) Où et comment savoir si ce programme est VRAIMENT vérolé ou NON ? Que faire d'autre ? Où exactement envoyer ce fichier suspect pour que vous l'examiniez ?
Merci de votre aide !
A+
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 07:40:43 PM by sobrino »

philly12

Re: possible virus with unfreez.exe ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 08:02:32 PM »
i think u are saying that u moved a possible infection detected by the resident scanner and when u went into the virus chest and scanned it, it was clean.  This happens sometimes and means that it was a false positive detected by the resident scanner for some kind of suspicious activity.  Maybe i'm wrong with what you are saying though because i only understand a little bit of french and i certaintly cannot translate a french response back to you.  Maybe someone with more french skill could translate.

sobrino

Re: possible virus with unfreez.exe ?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 02:01:29 PM »
Hi,
thanks for your hints but I didn't do anything with the chest ! Just when I wanted to send by E-mail this program, Avast told me that it might contain a virus. I re-downloaded the program and scanned it (with right click) and it didn't find any virus (but the funny thing is that the report told that 2 files were scanned though it' a unique program.exe. How is that possible ?). When I tried to send the second downloaded version, the same problem occured ... I can't understand !