Author Topic: Avast detect so much FAKE Virus!  (Read 4977 times)

klys

Avast detect so much FAKE Virus!
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:23:19 AM »
im very angry and disapoint whit my avast antivirus because it detect so much files that no are virus how a virus called [Drp] nad im very sure that this file no are virus, one is ares.exe, is a p2p software no a virus.

and too a game called MapleStory is detected jpw virus and it no is a virus, what that hell happeng whit avast? can someone help me?

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: Avast detect so much FAKE Virus!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:01:47 AM »
Which version of avast! and definition file do you have?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

klys

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 03:25:15 AM »
4.8-1201
VPS 080612-0
Spanish Version

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:52:20 AM »
Can you upload the file(s) to http://virusscan.jotti.org/ for analysis and false positive confirmation?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here. I feel virustotal is the better option as it uses the windows version of avast (more packers supported) and there are currently over 30 different scanners. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 03:51:33 PM »
Hmmm... they're improving something in the underground on detection/submission... this always happen at the first beginning of the improvement period, I mean, false positives occur...

As a workaround, you can add these files to the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning) exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize. Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.