Author Topic: WPE Pro  (Read 27345 times)

Jeet Chowdhury

WPE Pro
« on: July 27, 2008, 01:22:19 AM »
It Detect WPE Pro As Virus. Is It A Virus?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: WPE Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:46:35 AM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and upload it to VirusTotal without avast alerting.

If it is indeed a false positive, see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=34950.msg293451#msg293451, how to report it to avast! and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jeet Chowdhury

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here. You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and upload it to VirusTotal without avast alerting.

If it is indeed a false positive, see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=34950.msg293451#msg293451, how to report it to avast! and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.

Thanks Will Try It Now. :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
OK, post the results of the scan or a link (copy and paste the address bar) to the analysis.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jeet Chowdhury

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 02:36:20 PM »
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (10000 characters).  :o

Well Save In Rapidshare See This Please,

http://rapidshare.com/files/132825505/Report.txt

:)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »
This is why it is classified as a virus
WPE Pro 0.9a (Windows XP, 2003, Vista), 1.3 (Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000)
Winsock Packet Editor (WPE) Pro is a packet sniffing/editing tool which is generally used to hack multiplayer games. WPE Pro allows modification of data at TCP level. Using WPE Pro one can select a running process from the memory and modify the data sent by it before it reaches the destination. It can record packets from specific processes, then analyze the information. You can setup filters to modify the packets or even send them when you want in different intervals. WPE Pro could also be a useful tool for testing thick client applications or web applications which use applets to establish socket connections on non http ports.

Jeet Chowdhury

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »
This is why it is classified as a virus
WPE Pro 0.9a (Windows XP, 2003, Vista), 1.3 (Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000)
Winsock Packet Editor (WPE) Pro is a packet sniffing/editing tool which is generally used to hack multiplayer games. WPE Pro allows modification of data at TCP level. Using WPE Pro one can select a running process from the memory and modify the data sent by it before it reaches the destination. It can record packets from specific processes, then analyze the information. You can setup filters to modify the packets or even send them when you want in different intervals. WPE Pro could also be a useful tool for testing thick client applications or web applications which use applets to establish socket connections on non http ports.

Yes, Is It A Virus?

I Want To Make A Online Trainer For Age of Mythology. 8)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »
It is one of those grey area programmes like process.exe it can be used for good or bad.  So it is a decision you must make if you want this running on your system and know exactly what it is doing then you can add it to the exclusion list 

Jeet Chowdhury

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 02:54:37 PM »
It is one of those grey area programmes like process.exe it can be used for good or bad.  So it is a decision you must make if you want this running on your system and know exactly what it is doing then you can add it to the exclusion list 

Can I Use It Safely? For Programming C++ .NET To Create A Trainer I Create A Trainer of Age of Mythology Offline Version Using Memory Edit. Now I Want To Study How Packet Go Through Network When Playing Age of Mythology Online, Then Want To Create A Application That Work As A Online Trainer. Currently I'm A Student And I Want To Know About Those Network, Programming Etc.

Anyway, Why It Detect It As Virus? :-[

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »
Anyway, Why It Detect It As Virus?
Because it can copy and monitor your traffic.  Think credit cards/online banks and losing money

Jeet Chowdhury

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »
Because it can copy and monitor your traffic.  Think credit cards/online banks and losing money

So, Better To Not Use It Right?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »
As I say the choice is yours - If you are in control of the programme then it should be OK but you will need to be carefull that it does not get hijacked by a keylogger programme

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »

So, Better To Not Use It Right?

If you are the one who installed it and control it it is a tool for good. However, if you were unaware of it and not in control of it then it could be a tool for evil. That is the problem with tools like this AVs can't determine the use/intention.