Author Topic: problem with uninstalling avast  (Read 4295 times)

gizyk

problem with uninstalling avast
« on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »
hi guys,

can any of you please help me with my issue here?

have unistalled avast trial but did not restart system immediately, now have avast still sitting in the system, tried to uninstall from Program/Features (error shows up)and system backup tool as well (does not remove this), nothing helps, would you be able to help me on it?i am using vista now...

thanks a mill for your help

Gizyk

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: problem with uninstalling avast
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:12:06 PM »
The add remove programs should have removed it, so I'm not sure exactly what you did.

Trying to remove components if avast is still installed will bump into its self-defence module to protect against malware doing the same.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.

1. use windows add remove programs to uninstall avast, reboot.
2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot.  If step 1 failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode, once complete reboot into normal mode.
3. avast should be completely removed now.

Can I ask why you wanted to uninstall after the trial ?
If there was a problem we could try and resolve that problem.
Commonly people trying avast fail to uninstall their existing AV and that can cause conflicts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gizyk

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »
yeah, that works now properly, removed trial using clearing facility and windows safe mode...

thank you so much for your prompt response!!!

i wanted to remove trial because error messages enoyed me while working with outlook and opening new messages

now everything works smoothly

thanks a mill for your help!!!

regards

Marcin

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
i wanted to remove trial because error messages enoyed me while working with outlook and opening new messages
This has nothing to do with the trial version... are you sure? Which is the problem you`re experiencing with Outlook and avast?
The best things in life are free.