Author Topic: Number of Viruses: 450971566080!!!!  (Read 4245 times)

the_webninja

Number of Viruses: 450971566080!!!!
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »
This is the Message I got after scanning my Newly Installed Ubuntu System with Avast, NUMBER OF INFECTIONS DETECTED: 450971566080
I think it is safe to say, that if it is YOUR Job to Protect me from infections, You are not doing a very good job.
I can't even tell if your program is working right or not. Because all I get after running your Program is a huge List of Files that I can't do anything with. I can't even copy and paste the NAMES of the Files or Directories. There is no Suggested course of Action, or Remedy. Which pretty much makes the entire program useless. In the event that I missed something along the way please inform me of what it is I need to do. Because at this point I'm thinking my first course of action is to Fire you guys and go find another Anti-Virus Program. Preferably one that WORKS this time. :)

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Number of Viruses: 450971566080!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »
This is the Message I got after scanning my Newly Installed Ubuntu System with Avast, NUMBER OF INFECTIONS DETECTED: 450971566080
I think it is safe to say, that if it is YOUR Job to Protect me from infections, You are not doing a very good job.
I can't even tell if your program is working right or not. Because all I get after running your Program is a huge List of Files that I can't do anything with. I can't even copy and paste the NAMES of the Files or Directories. There is no Suggested course of Action, or Remedy. Which pretty much makes the entire program useless. In the event that I missed something along the way please inform me of what it is I need to do. Because at this point I'm thinking my first course of action is to Fire you guys and go find another Anti-Virus Program. Preferably one that WORKS this time. :)

Hallo,
this bug is known and reported, and even fixed - the version here should be OK (confirm, please): http://public.avast.com/~cimbal/avast4workstation_1.3.0-2_i386.deb

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)