Author Topic: shackwave updater  (Read 2926 times)

diehard1272

shackwave updater
« on: December 24, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »
hi i started up my computer today to find an icon i never downloaded or put there called shackwave updater
i did some research and some people said the file name is postupdate.exe when i first stated up my comp my zone alarm poped up saying that its trying to gain access to my trusted zone so i denied it the icon is still there u cant click on it or even open it please help me get raid of it...

i also tryed removeing shackwave player from remove or add programs didnt get raid of it...

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: shackwave updater
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »
If it's the real Shockwave updater you can just let it check for updates and it will disappear again. You can disable the Shockwave update checker if you want. Check which program is trying to connect and where to just to confirm it's the real Shockwave updater.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

diehard1272

Re: shackwave updater
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
hey thanks alot dude now i see where some people from google went wrong they let their fire wall blocked it which made it unclickable so i let zonealarm put it in trusted zone and i got updated to shockwave player 11 and the icon is gone thank you!!!

also i been havein these connection errors when trying to get on avast forums

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.