Author Topic: No Audio out  (Read 2554 times)

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
No Audio out
« on: January 20, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »
My friend has a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 laptop, it is running Vista SP1. The sound card works fine just for the windows sounds but not a single audio or video player (JetAudio,Winamp,WMP,K-lite..etc) plays correctly. The program is running but no sound is out from the speakers.
What exactly is this? This is the 1st time I face such thing   ???
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:25:11 PM by Minacross »
MW

ardvark

Re: No Audio out
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
Hi Minacross...

This might be a settings issue. Please go in to the Control Panel and click on "Sound." When the sound properties windows comes up, make sure the "Playback" tab is highlighted and click on the entry that you see a green checkmark placed next to it on the right. It will probably say "Speakers" or something like that.  When this window comes up, click on the "Advanced" tab and make sure both boxes under "Exclusive Mode" are checked. If not, check both of them, click "Apply" then "OK" and then reboot the system and see if it works. :)

Feel free to include screenshots in your next post if you have any questions about this.

Let us know if this works or not...

May God Bless you!

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »
On some toshiba laptops, there is a switch near the edge of the computer to turn on or off the wireless, and the sound.

It may be installed perfectly fine on the computer, and you may have the volume cranked all the way up, but if that switch is off, no sound will come out of the speakers.

Again, check around the computer, and if necessary, find the manual for the laptop and look to see if they have an audio switch on it.

Hope this helps!
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
many thnx guys it worked  ;D
MW

ardvark

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:42:52 PM »
many thnx guys it worked  ;D

Hi Minacross...

You're welcome, glad I could help! :)

Best Regards...

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 04:06:22 AM »
me too!
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum